Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TV Recommendations

On 06/09/2020 14:50, Another Dave wrote:
On 06/09/2020 12:52, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/09/2020 12:17, Another Dave wrote:

I just bought a Samsung 43" Smart TV. The only real complaint is the
advertising for paid services (Netflix, Apple, Amazon etc) is
intrusive and cannot be removed or shifted to a less prominent position.

What do you mean by "the advertising for paid services"? Or ar you
just referring to the fact hat it has the playback apps pre-loaded?

Mostly yes but the installation procedure has an advert (difficult to
bypass) for a free one month trial of Amazon Prime.

(Not had a samsung to try - but on all other smart TVs I have tried so
far (which to be fair is not a huge number) they have all had ways of
reorganising the menus and shortcuts to remove or hide apps you are
not using)

Have you tried this?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/t...n-my-smart-tv/

Yes. Note that that page states explicitly that some (read nearly all)
preloaded apps cannot be removed. If there is a way of moving those
particular ones about I haven't found it, though I can move others about
and of course remove them.

On mine (LG) you can shift the shortcut menu bar about to contain what
you want in whatever order.

(probably not much value to being able to actually remove them
completely, since you are unlikely to run out of app storage space)

--
Cheers,

John.