Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo[_3_] Geo[_3_] is offline

Default Move shower pump to loft?

On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 08:57:51 -0700 (PDT), David Aldrich
wrote:

Our hot water cylinder and shower pump are located in a bedroom. The shower is on the other side of the wall. The shower pump is a Stuart Turner Showermate Standard Twin, which I think has plastic impellers and is quite noisy, especially for a bedroom. The pump is located at the base of the hot water cylinder. I think the cylinder has a Surrey Flange at the outlet.

I am wondering whether we could move the pump to the loft (above the bathroom) to reduce the noise. Would that be a good idea or is it not recommended to have the shower pump above the hot water cylinder?

Daughter had to get her pump replaced by plumber who fitted in the
loft to suck up from the tank - against the pump instructions to be by
the tank so it pushes. Re-fitted in the airing cupboard (in bedroom)
and noisy - but does not bother her as she is in the shower...