Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another Dave Another Dave is offline

Default TV Recommendations

On 06/09/2020 12:52, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/09/2020 12:17, Another Dave wrote:

I just bought a Samsung 43" Smart TV. The only real complaint is the
advertising for paid services (Netflix, Apple, Amazon etc) is
intrusive and cannot be removed or shifted to a less prominent position.

What do you mean by "the advertising for paid services"? Or ar you just
referring to the fact hat it has the playback apps pre-loaded?

Mostly yes but the installation procedure has an advert (difficult to
bypass) for a free one month trial of Amazon Prime.

(Not had a samsung to try - but on all other smart TVs I have tried so
far (which to be fair is not a huge number) they have all had ways of
reorganising the menus and shortcuts to remove or hide apps you are not
using)

Have you tried this?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/t...n-my-smart-tv/

Yes. Note that that page states explicitly that some (read nearly all)
preloaded apps cannot be removed. If there is a way of moving those
particular ones about I haven't found it, though I can move others about
and of course remove them.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie