Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV Recommendations

Well, since the life of a tv is supposed to be five years, I'd imagine the
firmware updates for an open source OS are more likely to continue than some
dodgy in house mish mash.
LG are quite good value, but as has been said, most of the tvs these days,I
am sur have good pictures, but as always, its the sound that is the poor
relation, so why not by a nice sound bar or surround system and take a cheap
telly? If you don't need tha talking menues and increasing use of voice
assistants, then I'd have though that might be quite nice in a bedroom.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
On Sat, 5 Sep 2020 20:20:00 +0100 (GMT+01:00), thescullster wrote:

I am looking at TVs for the bedroom ...

More than one? I can think of better things to do in the bedroom,
that don't require any TV.

I would think smart TV ...

Trouble with "smart" TV's is that they don't remain "smart". The
makers might release firmware updates for a few years then drop
support. As the services behind the "smart" features continue to
develop your "smart" TV left behind and either those features won't
work at all or be very restricted.

... running Free view will do it.

But picture quality and such are a bit of an unknown.

If your watching Freeview almost any set is more than capable of
producing pictures of far better quality. Personally I can't watch
Freeview as the horrendous artifacts are just too distracting and
annoying.

That a side I'd make sure the set was Full HD both display and tuner.
Alternatively a suitable high resolution 24" computer monitor and a
Raspberry Pi with Kodi and stream stuff to it.

--
Cheers
Dave.