Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ubiquitous[_2_] Ubiquitous[_2_] is offline

Default Rusty boat trailer

On 8/9/2020 12:09 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 11:22:29 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 15:52:55 -0500, Jon Danniken
wrote:

On 8/7/20 7:30 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Its channel. You should be just fine. PULL the wheels..and do the
wheel bearings!! If you have to drive a few hundred miles each
way...you DONT want to have a bearing go tits up at 9:34 pm. And buy
a good used spare or even a new tire and wheel. $35 at
Walmart...$25ish at a full iine tire shop for a used wheel and tire.

Btw..if the wheels and tires are "iffy"...you can buy a matching pair
of new rims and new tires for under $65 delivered..on Ebay.

The Deestone tires are pretty decent for a low weight trailer and
boat. Thats what I put a pair of last month on that SeaSpray Cat to
get it home.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Deestone-D9...e/303253018782

Hey Gunner, the seller packed the bearings today so that's a good thing,
It's about 300 miles from me so I need to make sure it's roadworthy. It
comes with a decebt spare, too.

Great!!!

Tires are shot, so I figured I'd get some "tires on rims" from Amazon;
$87 for a pair of Load "C" tires on rims so I don't have to deal with
mounting tires and iffy rims when I get the

https://www.amazon.com/eCustomRim-2-.../dp/B071Z8YMSV

12" eh..good price. Mine are 8"...so were a bit cheaper.

BTW nice DS2 you've got there; I like those better than the DS1, but
that's all I have available now.

Jon

Good! Most tires on boat trailers die in about 8 yrs...less if you
are keeping them covered. The sun kills em.

Gack...sorry about that..I was doing something else when I wrote that
bit of idiocy.

****ing off, as usual.