Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_5_] Brian Gaff[_5_] is offline

Default Acrylic/Perspex, Wood & PVA

No it won't work. I don't know if there is a glue that will, but an attempt
to put a window into a shed door failed. I ended up with some wood and some
bolts through te sandwich.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"TimW" wrote in message
Question is would PVA adhesive glue perspex sheet to wood at all, slightly
or well?

I am designing my own variation on a beehive that has an inspection
window. The hive boxes are softwood, glued with PVA for it's safe
non-toxic nature. I want to use 3mm perspex for the pane and I want to
glue and screw it in in such a way that it enhances the structure of the
box. Unlike for example a loose piece of glass which would require wood
and joints all round it to support it.

TW