Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael_A_Terrell Michael_A_Terrell is offline

Default Small VHF Transmitter

Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 9/4/20 7:09 PM, Michael_A_Terrell wrote:
Stick to your used business radios, where you can do that simple job.

Ya know what? Go **** yourself.
Nobody gives two ****s about what you claim to have done.

Take your own advice. You've done it to yourself, for years.

And your entire post was just a bunch of non-related crap.

That's your standard response when you are caught out.

I have the manual. It clearly stated the output in dBmV.

Of course it is. It is a signal SOURCE. They write the specs that
way for the simple minded. Modulators are intended to be a component in
a system. As a stand also device, the output would be much lower. In the
range of +3 to +6 dBmv. The combiner panels use a lot of the extra power
gain to overcome their insertion losses. Our head ends were flat to a
fraction of a dBmv at 20, leaving the building. Each trunk amplifier
raised it to reach the next amplifier at +20dBmv from 54 to 300 MHz. I'm
sure this is all gibberish to you, because you don't ever admit that you
are wrong.

I don't know what happened to you after you moved out of California,
and I don't want to. Prior to the move your actually tried to help
people, instead of being a total waste of skin and oxygen. If I was as
miserable as you, I would either get help, or step in front of a semi on
the interstate.

I used to use it with a DVD player supplying video and audio to it to
show off various vintage TV sets in shop.
There was never any sign of overloading.

The crown jewel was my 1948 Andrea Sharp Focus VK-12 that I restored.
AM/FM and channels 1-13.

The only concern I have, is that 0.15 mW of output power it might not
have the range necessary

Then build a 100KW linear for Peter. Most of the old VJF spectrum has
been realocated. You don't want to get cught running too much power on
those frequencies. Not that you would give a damn.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.