Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Lights

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Also, review what you do in that room. If at times your wife does
some crafts she may want a bright light where she is working but later
wants a softer light for conversation with guests.

My preference in a living room is lamps with shades that soften the
light or a torch light in a corner. Bright ceiling fixtures are great
in the kitchen, not so good elsewhere. Dimmable is nice too.

Don't forget color temperature too.

At the moment, a single light behind the couch would be a tremendous
improvement. It's a long room so it's actually been broken into two rooms
with furniture. There's a good 8 feet behind the couch that's in the dark.

It's just the opportunity cost is so low to put in the second light...
probably be another hour total so I'm just debating which way to go.

Puckdropper