Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael_A_Terrell Michael_A_Terrell is offline

Default Small VHF Transmitter

Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 9/1/20 11:19 AM, Michael_A_Terrell wrote:
Let me know if that doesn't pan out.

I am sending Peter a Blonder Tongue Agile Modulator.
Model: AM 40-450 Stock No. 59406.
Complete with a manual for setting the output channel
dip switches.

That is a well made Agile modulator with a decent VSB filter before
the upconverter. My comment wasn't meant to imply that he wouldn't get a
modulator, just in case something happened to it. Too much stuff is
being lost or damaged in shipment these days. Fedex just lost a Sadelco
FSM of mine. The love to leave my packages at similar addresses on other
streets. Some of the old analog FSM have a crude but useful Spectrum
analyzer mode built in. Peter might even want more than one modulator,
on adjacent channels, to show how old TVs deal with Intermod and
Co-channel interference.

I finally have a HP 1.3 GHz counter to fill in the gaps in the
programming chart for that model. I believe it goes down to the T
channels, that were used for reverse feed but I can't access my outboard
drives until I complete electrical repairs. An open neutral from the
pole pig fried most of my equipment, and all of the surge suppressors on
one phase. I currently have one working 20A single phase circuit and a
lot of dead equipment after that phase went over 165 volts.

As usual, the utility just rolled their eyes when I told them the
neutral was open. They sent an automated call just before midnight,
canceling the service call, since their so called 'smart meter' reported
that I had power. They don't report an open neutral. I had to threaten
to report them to the PUCO when I called back, before they actually sent
out a truck. Once again, I got attitude, then the lead tech saw the bare
neutral arcing where it had broke. That drop was installed in 1964.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.