Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

Default Digigram VX222

On Tue, 01 Sep 2020 11:09:14 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

This is a quite old balanced in/out pro sound card. Has digital in out
too.
Was previously working fine under Win7. But is a PCI card.

New MB is PCI-Ex only.

Got an adpator for not a lot which gives you twin PCI slots from a
PCI-EX x1. Really designed to be used external to the PC via a USB 3
lead. The USB lead goes between the PCI EX card and the board with the
twin PCI slots.

Worked OK initially on test. It has power as there is a LED on the twin
PCI PCB.

Bios recognises a card present in the PCI-Ex x 1 slot. Doesn't identify
it as such - but then it doesn't identify the working video card either.

According to Google, this card and software will work with Win 10. And
the software runs OK. Win 10 suggests using it as Vista compatible.

The problem is intermittent. More often than not, the software reports
the card not seen - and no driver loaded in device manager.

But sometimes it works just fine.

I can buy a new PCI-Ex card which will do the same thing - but costs
about £1000 quid. ;-)

It all interfaces with the house sound system and worked extremely well.

What class of Win 10 are you using.........Home, Pro, Server. I have found
Win10 Home is very poor at recognising some connecting devices.