Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wond[_3_] Wond[_3_] is offline

Default Small VHF Transmitter

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020 06:40:32 -0700, wrote:

Some here may know that I operate the Part-15 compliant AM & FM
transmitters for the Kutztown Radio Meet. Given that vintage TVs are
becoming more prevalent at the show, I would also like to operate a
small VHF television transmitter featuring vintage movies and such. I
see lots of stuff out there for UHF, nothing that specifically lists
VHF, other than DIY stuff, for which I have neither the time nor
inclination given I do not collect any sort of TV stuff.

Kit or ready-made - any suggestions? Remember, I am in the USA.

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

A stand-alone A-V modulator unit from the VCR era gets you to channel 3
or 4; a good antenna-distribution amplifier makes that transmittable; a
vertically mounted folded dipole antenna allows you to match with a balun.
All often available at thrift stores etc. I have used this to re-
transmit to a small area in a remote location, it worked fine.