Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Microwave turntable motor failed.

On 30/08/2020 18:46, Andy Burns wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

if the D-shaft and pins are right?

It's rated at mains voltage and the connection lugs are important
too.

you say lugs, I say pins
some motors start in a random direction each time, others start in a

defined direction, I don't know if any turntables care?

Interestingly, I had always noticed that if I stopped microwaving
porridge after 1 min, to give it a stir, then pressing start again
the turntable would rotate in the opposite direction, after another
minute the same stop/start would send it back in the original
direction.

The motor only has two ?lugs for the electrical connection, so
how would a synchronous motor do this ?. Hopefully the failed
motor hasn't taken out a solid state component somewhere.

This microwave has three convection heaters, two quartz ones
in the top and a conventional 'dark' element under the
turntable. It gets up to temperature in a few minutes.
No other combi/micro seems to have the lower grilling
element and there are plenty of comments from people who
say their Panny/Samsung/? take 30 mins or more to get up to 200C,
or even never gets there.

My sharp oven can go up 240C (not that I have tried it), in fact
until about 5 years ago I had never used the convection setting.