Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Bath size soap

On Sunday, 30 August 2020 11:36:01 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 30/08/2020 10:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
You used to be able to buy small and bath sized soap, but I seem unable
to find any bath size any more, just the small ones - any one else
noticed this?

I'm going to get a well-deserved reputation for meanness, but I save up
all the scraps of soap. Once I have enough, I melt them down in an old
saucepan and cast myself a decent bath size tablet. (Use an old plastic
container as a mould, and when the soap has cooled stick it in the
freezer, so it pops out of the mould.) HTH

If you are desperate for bath size tablets, you could do this with new
basin sized tablets.

My mother had a Good Housekeeping book from around 1946/7 which included several such approaches. I think they had how to re-cast soap and making a liquid soap. Quite likely available on the wayback machine...