Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Genie Pro 88 won't close

On Sun, 30 Aug 2020 15:12:44 -0700 (PDT), Joe Carreiro
wrote:

On Sunday, November 24, 2019 at 10:46:18 AM UTC-8, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
Trader4 must live on usenet, poor dear.
LOL

Door would open but would not close once it reached the motor, but it would open and shut if the door were partially open about a foot from the motor. FIX: I had installed a fancy LED light on the motor, once I removed the bulb the door started working . I had a fluorescent light bar adjacent to the motor and used it as my motor light since I didn't have any regular bulbs bypassing it. The door has worked fine ever since.

RF interference from the crappy LED light.