Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Microwave turntable motor failed.

Its a 17-yo Sharp microwave combi-oven which does a good
job as a mini-oven because it has an upper and a lower grill
element, so heats up quickly.

A few days ago there was a lot of graunching noises and the turntable
no longer turns.

I have removed the synchronous motor and the gears are all fine.
Turning the spigot with pliers rotates the motor itself, I can hear it.

It's marked AC220-240V 2.5.3 RPM 3/2.5Watts.

My multimeter says the contacts are 14.77 Kohms and if I connect
direct to the mains it is dead, not even a buzzing.

This place sells them :-

https://www.electricalsales.co.uk/sh...ive-motor.html

But I'm not paying £102, when they should be obtainable for about
10 to £15.

Part is marked CHINA GPS Corp ST-16 synchronous motor

MN73SSAQ
RMOTDA227WREO

There is a 2nd hand one on ebay for £10, but that might be dead too.
An Amazon site has them for about £45. Still too much.

Any ideas who else might sell them ?.

Andrew