Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default Bath size soap

On 30/08/2020 11:35, GB wrote:
On 30/08/2020 10:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
You used to be able to buy small and bath sized soap, but I seem
unable to find any bath size any more, just the small ones - any one
else noticed this?

No. The soap tablets I see are all bath size, such as green Shield.
Unless you mean the big yellow tablets which are really laundry soap.

(I've noticed that people often talk about "bars" of soap when they mean
"tablets". Bars are long things that you have to cut up; the infants
school I went to had nasty smelling brown bars - fortunately they
usually had the white tablets too.)

I'm going to get a well-deserved reputation for meanness, but I save up
all the scraps of soap. Once I have enough, I melt them down in an old
saucepan and cast myself a decent bath size tablet. (Use an old plastic
container as a mould, and when the soap has cooled stick it in the
freezer, so it pops out of the mould.)* HTH

If you are stingy you can press the thin remains of a tablet onto the
new tablet. You used to get wire cages with a handle you put the scraps
in to shake in the washing up water. There were also small, foam rubber
bags you put the scraps in to wash your face with.

--
Max Demian