Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Extending a ring

No a spur is like putting a double socket instead of a single one, the ring
is what it says on the tin, so to speak.
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!

This document should only be read by those persons for whom Paranoia is
normal
and its contents are probably boring and confusing. If you receive this
e-Mail
message in error, do not notify the sender immediately, instead, print it
out and make
paper animals out of it. As the rest of this disclaimer is totally
incomprehensible, we have not bothered to attach it.
"Graham." wrote in message
JoeJoe Wrote in message:
Planning to add a mesh to the home network soon, and need an extra power
socket in the kitchen for the unit that will go in there. Most obvious
way to achieve that is by adding a spur to the electric oven's ring.

The ring is fed directly from the CU and has a single socket on it, the
one the oven is plugged into.

Plan is to use one of these
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-13a-s...-inserts/29377
wired from the oven's socket, and continuing to another socket that will
feed the power supply for the mesh unit. The mesh unit consumes
negligible current.

Any reason why I shouldn't do it this way?

Extending the ring is not the same as adding a spur.

Either way I don't see why you need an FSU as long as you wire it
in 2.5mm
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----