malcolm

Default hot house in summer

Hmmm, I am not sure of the answer to all of your questions. But I will be
sure to keep these questions and ask them to the AC person when they come
out. Unfortunately the last one to come out didn't even know as much as I
do and obviously that is very little. Someone told me once you could
estimate the size of the unit you need based on the size of the house or
area you need to cool. They said it was a rough estimate only. But now I
see that info too is false. It sounds like the best course of action is to
get a professional on-site assessment.

Thanks for all the replies and information. At least now I will have a
better idea of what to ask someone when they come out.

Malcolm.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
You say the air filter was dirty, did the tek look at and clean the
Air handler A coil, They crap up fast with no maintenance. You
really need a complete assesment of your house, Blower door test ,
Load calculations, You may get by with less expensive solutions,
better solutions for the long run. What are your windows, insulation
values. BTU requirements. . You say the attic was 10 over thats not
bad but what about R value. R 50 would help. Do you have an attic
fan. If they are to large and you are undervented you can easily pull
cooled air up and outside. Im in total shade a tight house super
high R and 2 ton is too big for 1250 sq upper plus a 625 sq
basement. And I never run more than 5 hrs a day, you run 24 ? How old
is your AC ? Get a different AC pro out to go over your AC. Are
your new ducts sealed and insulated. Do you have a restrictive filter
or free flowing. I beleive a real pro will ck superheat and
supercool not just freon pressures to see if you are really running
optimaly, But I beleive you said he did that.