Joseph Meehan

Default hot house in summer

malcolm wrote:
Hello, thanks for all the replies and information.

I am thinking now, after several of the replies, that I may need to
upgrade my unit. I know that it is a half ton too small. (1500+-
sq.feet and 3 ton unit).

... But before I do that I will probably call a professional out for an

on-site diagnosis

Don't make it just a probably, make it "I will call.."

How do you know it is half a ton too small? Size of home is NOT how you
determine the size needed. The only way to determine the size of the unit
is to do the measurements and computations needed. I only say this, because
just replacing the unit with a larger one without doing the math may well
result in more disappointment. Be sure to do any insulation or other
changes before running the calculations. The Tech needs to do a "Manual J"
calculation.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math