Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Wet loft insulation

On 27/08/2020 20:50, Scott wrote:
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 12:11:21 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

I think I would be more concerned with the plasterboard ceiling which can start to bow and even collapse if thoroughly wet. I would remove the insulation, if it is only a small area it may not be worth waiting for it to dry out so replacement is probably easiest.

Thankfully it's not plasterboard. It's lath and plaster. I have had
worse leaks over the years that have dried out.

Buy some canes, normally for runner beans and lift the wet insulation
up and support it on the canes at right angles to the joists so that
air can circulate over and under your loft insulation.

Loft insulation, unlike cavity wall batts, is not treated with
water repellent so can be difficult to dry before it gets a
chance to turn smelly.