Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Laser printer, toner overflow?

On 27/08/2020 19:46, John Bryan wrote:
In message
newshound wrote:

I have a Brother HL-2365DW which I guess is rated for SOHO rather than
heavy business use. I'm getting toner spillage leading to (fused)
blotchy marks all over printout, I guess the waste toner collector is
full. (it's probably had ten or more new cartridges). But I can't
immediately find any reference to this sort of problem on the net. I can
see that some heavier duty machines have a removable and replaceable
collector but I can't find anything for this model.

I thought I would ask for tips before trying to dismantle it.

TIA

According to the Youtube Brother Global support video entitled

How to replace the waste toner box in Brother printer...

1 Switch off
2 Open printer and remove toner cartridge tray
3 Lift and remove drum assembly
4 Replace waste toner box
Refit drum, toner tray, front cover and switch on

Hope this helps..

Except that this refers to a completely different family of models (but
thanks for the thought).

Brother's support is not as good as some other suppliers (but I have two
of their printers and they are otherwise excellent).