Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default A Hack!

On 8/27/2020 2:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 2:23:57 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
So I use the blue nitrite gloves to keep my hands clean when applying a
stain or finish with a rag or paper towel.

During my current job I was working in the garage for 3+ hours applying
a first coat varnish in 90+ degree heat.

My hands sweat buckets inside those gloves and if I raise my hand above
my work sweat pours out of my gloves and ruins the work.

I tried an idea and have a solution to contain the sweat!

I stuff a blue shop paper towel into each of the gloves at my palms. It
feels kinda weird at first but it works perfectly for me.

Overexposure to nitrites can lead to a condition called methemoglobinemia in
which the body is deprived of oxygen, causing a blue-gray discoloration of
the skin.

(Sorry...couldn't resist)

Darn spell checker. NITRILE gloves. Thanks!