Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Hack!

So I use the blue nitrite gloves to keep my hands clean when applying a
stain or finish with a rag or paper towel.

During my current job I was working in the garage for 3+ hours applying
a first coat varnish in 90+ degree heat.

My hands sweat buckets inside those gloves and if I raise my hand above
my work sweat pours out of my gloves and ruins the work.

I tried an idea and have a solution to contain the sweat!

I stuff a blue shop paper towel into each of the gloves at my palms. It
feels kinda weird at first but it works perfectly for me.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 2:23:57 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
So I use the blue nitrite gloves to keep my hands clean when applying a
stain or finish with a rag or paper towel.

During my current job I was working in the garage for 3+ hours applying
a first coat varnish in 90+ degree heat.

My hands sweat buckets inside those gloves and if I raise my hand above
my work sweat pours out of my gloves and ruins the work.

I tried an idea and have a solution to contain the sweat!

I stuff a blue shop paper towel into each of the gloves at my palms. It
feels kinda weird at first but it works perfectly for me.

Overexposure to nitrites can lead to a condition called methemoglobinemia in
which the body is deprived of oxygen, causing a blue-gray discoloration of
the skin.

(Sorry...couldn't resist)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/27/2020 2:05 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 2:23:57 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
So I use the blue nitrite gloves to keep my hands clean when applying a
stain or finish with a rag or paper towel.

During my current job I was working in the garage for 3+ hours applying
a first coat varnish in 90+ degree heat.

My hands sweat buckets inside those gloves and if I raise my hand above
my work sweat pours out of my gloves and ruins the work.

I tried an idea and have a solution to contain the sweat!

I stuff a blue shop paper towel into each of the gloves at my palms. It
feels kinda weird at first but it works perfectly for me.

Overexposure to nitrites can lead to a condition called methemoglobinemia in
which the body is deprived of oxygen, causing a blue-gray discoloration of
the skin.

(Sorry...couldn't resist)

Darn spell checker. NITRILE gloves. Thanks!