Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Remember SawStop? They gave up the market, now it's force....

On 8/25/2020 1:04 PM, wrote:
Nothing at all to add to the conversation. Except I am glad the safety device exists and hope other devices come out and every table saw has a safety device like this. I'm just surprised that this thread started 17 years ago. I did not realize Saw Stop has been around for 17 years. Or more. If I was forced to guess I would have said 10 years.

IIRC around 2000. The SawStop was pooped on in for probably 3-6 years
before production. Many said it would never fly and that it was
vaporware.

Classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Dont buy the
saw that will save 10's of thousands of woodworkers from injuries
because of the way it was being marketed.

You can lead a horse to water......