Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Snapped earth behind socket, options?

On 27/08/2020 11:28, R D S wrote:
Long story short, trying to do a better job than the bodge-it kitchen
fitter from a few years ago and wondering why I bother.

Swapping a back box and socket, the earth in the 2.5 T&E has broken and
i'm about 2 inches shy of the terminal.

I could put another socket below on the good part of the cable with a
new piece of cable between the two but i'm not sure i'd like how that
looks.

What are my options for joining a new piece, crimp, chock block, wago?

FWIW I could 'fix' this and bury it in a way that nobody would notice
without fairly major renovation but i'd rather it was 'right'.

Ta.

Solder, then heatshrink. Makes a small tidy perfect connection.

Bill