Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snapped earth behind socket, options?

Was not a problem in my case I simply took the socket off and bent them away
from the bit being worked on.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Davidm" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:28:53 +0100, R D S wrote:

Long story short, trying to do a better job than the bodge-it kitchen
fitter from a few years ago and wondering why I bother.

Swapping a back box and socket, the earth in the 2.5 T&E has broken and
i'm about 2 inches shy of the terminal.

I could put another socket below on the good part of the cable with a
new piece of cable between the two but i'm not sure i'd like how that
looks.

What are my options for joining a new piece, crimp, chock block, wago?

FWIW I could 'fix' this and bury it in a way that nobody would notice
without fairly major renovation but i'd rather it was 'right'.

Ta.

Solder, as long as you can do it without melting insulation on other
wires.