Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snapped earth behind socket, options?

Probably not the way to do it but many moons ago I soldered a bit on, then
put green heatshrink over the join. grin, from that you can tell it was a
long time ago, and its in this house up in a bedroom and is still ok.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"R D S" wrote in message
Long story short, trying to do a better job than the bodge-it kitchen
fitter from a few years ago and wondering why I bother.

Swapping a back box and socket, the earth in the 2.5 T&E has broken and
i'm about 2 inches shy of the terminal.

I could put another socket below on the good part of the cable with a new
piece of cable between the two but i'm not sure i'd like how that looks.

What are my options for joining a new piece, crimp, chock block, wago?

FWIW I could 'fix' this and bury it in a way that nobody would notice
without fairly major renovation but i'd rather it was 'right'.

Ta.