Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default More car radio hassle

williamwright wrote:
Many thanks to those who put me on the track of dabonwheels.co.uk. I
ordered an SMB female to FME male adaptor lead from them, but
unfortunately today they wrote back (very courteously) to explain that
they have no stock. So, Question One, does anyone know of an alternative
supplier?

Today I investigated the van's connections to the radio. There is no way
of knowing (by looking) what each cable does. They are all colour coded
of course but I can't find any info about which colour means what. I'd
be grateful if anyone can help. The van is a 2009 Transit 350. (It's
only done 37,000 miles and it's in brilliant condition. Now I'm on my
own I can't see the point of having a van and a car. I could do without
the car but not the van, so that's why I'm putting a better radio in it.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lton9jcly...kUbLhilxa?dl=0

Bill

Your picture with the unit model number was
a good place to start. "fdv200 audio pinout"

"Ford Quadlock Car Stereo pinout diagram"

https://pinoutguide.com/Car-Stereo-F...d_pinout.shtml

The unit sits on the CAN bus, so the car
computer can talk to it.

https://pinoutguide.com/images/uploa...2153_image.png

Still needs some other technical input or reverse engineering,
to figure out what to do next.

There are companies making harnesses for it. I don't
recognize either connector, so hard to say why you'd
want that harness. Maybe you'd have to find a
car stereo place first and ask then what would
be a good fit. Even if you don't end up buying it
there.

https://www.connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CT20LR03

Paul