Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default More car radio hassle

williamwright wrote:
Many thanks to those who put me on the track of dabonwheels.co.uk. I
ordered an SMB female to FME male adaptor lead from them, but
unfortunately today they wrote back (very courteously) to explain that
they have no stock. So, Question One, does anyone know of an alternative
supplier?

Today I investigated the van's connections to the radio. There is no way
of knowing (by looking) what each cable does. They are all colour coded
of course but I can't find any info about which colour means what. I'd
be grateful if anyone can help. The van is a 2009 Transit 350. (It's
only done 37,000 miles and it's in brilliant condition. Now I'm on my
own I can't see the point of having a van and a car. I could do without
the car but not the van, so that's why I'm putting a better radio in it.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lton9jcly...kUbLhilxa?dl=0

Bill

Hmm, same radio as in our transit based motorhome. To be honest, ours is a
pile of dingos kidneys and if we could be bothered, wed replace it with
something better.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls