Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

On 8/25/20 8:51 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

[snip]

The only tuner I have ever seen was behind the F-59 connector. It has
a wide enough mouth to see all of the broadcast channels and the cable
channels if they are not encrypted.

OTA signals would require an ATSC tuner, while (encrypted/unencrypted)
cable signals would require a QAM tuner, right?

An encrypted cable signal might be TUNABLE with that QAM tuner, but the
result would be useless.

AFAIK, both tuners can be
consolidated into a single module with a single 75-Ohm F59 input connector,
although I don't remember seeing that configuration.

It probably can't accept both connections at the same time. This would
require combining the signals, probably impossible because of frequency
conflicts.

My TV does REMEMBER both (OTA and cable) but only one can be connected
at a time.

My TVs have two F59
inputs, although I use neither of them. I only use a single HDMI input on 3
TVs, and two HDMI inputs on the 4th TV.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religion is all bunk." -- Thomas Edison