Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

On 8/25/20 4:26 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Oh, I think I see. You were referring to a TV that has a single tuner that
can be used for cable _or_ OTA. I've never seen such a thing, but I assume
they exist.

Are you confusing tuners with inputs?
The only tuner I have ever seen was behind the F-59 connector. It has
a wide enough mouth to see all of the broadcast channels and the cable
channels if they are not encrypted. The others are simply decoders
that present the component, composite, S-video or HDMI inputs to the
display processor. HDMI also includes DRM hardware. That is why
content providers push it.

I have heard of 2-tuner TVs, but never seen one.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religion is all bunk." -- Thomas Edison