Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Auto Program you TV for OTA stations

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 Aug 2020 22:36:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 16:54:13 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 Aug 2020 11:01:17 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 04:33:39 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 10:46:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We have an antenna tower with a antenna rotor.
How do I auto program the channels with the rotor in use ?
Every time you start the programming, it wipes the previous channels.

I want to be able to set the antenna in one direction, Search ...
Set the antenna in another direction, Search ...
Etc ...

Anyone know how to make it do that ? Most of our TVs are Sony(s).
Thanks

Adding channels manually is exactly what I am trying to avoid.
Any other options ?

It doesn't sound like it with the software on your set. TVs are not
really designed for OTA it seems.

Nonsense. They wouldn't scan multiple cable inputs eiher, without
erasing the earlier ones.

My two Samsungs pick up inputs on the fly, no scan necessary as does
the no name TV in the back room and the Panasonic in the shop. Plug it

Do you mean you can enter 1 3 and it picks up channel 13? Yes of
course.

Scanning is done so you can use the Channel Up button on the tv or
remote and it will only stop at channels that were found during
scanning. Unless scanning was never done or was erased. Then Channel
Up stops at every channel.

Scan is never necessary.

in, it shows up on the input menu as "hot" (the rest are grayed out).
I have never actually seen a TV that didn't work that way and we have
always had a bunch here.

They add it as an afterthought and
only meet the minimum government requirement.

So the TV makers were planning to ignore the millions of people who
didn't have cable. LOL

TV makers go where the money is.
Don't argue with me, I am not the OP complaining that Sony did not

One is only allowed to argue with an OP?

envision people with antenna rotators when they designed their set but
I bet that is a pretty small market share.

And how much does it cost to put in the OTA software?. Almost nothing.
To put in the OTA hardware? About a dollar.

I was just reading an article that says 17% of American households are
OTA only but most are city dwellers where an omnidirectional stick up
antenna from Amazon works.

Do you think their money is no good becase they are city dwellers? Do
you think they make different models for the city and the country?

And 17% is plenty.