Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The mechanical bettery

On 23/08/2020 19:40, Max Demian wrote:
Now you see, in your haste to be rude, you've missed my point. Why
does a moving object have energy to give away? Moving relative to
what? I personally am travelling very very fast indeed relative to
certain other bodies in the universe, but I'm stationary relative to
the Earth.

That's the essence of the "twin paradox" (often misstated). If motion is
relative, why is it the twin in the spaceship who ages less fast?

The energy expresses what needs to be removed or added to make two
objects stationary *with respect to each other*.

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell