Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Computer monitors?

Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
On 21 Aug 2020 at 08:42:17 BST, ""Jeff Gaines""
wrote:

On 20/08/2020 in message Andrew wrote:

If you don't, and your desk is big enough, then they have these :-

https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...3270qs-b1.html

Wow, half the price I paid for my HP 24" monitors a few years back.

Will built in Intel gfx drive those at full resolution or do you need a
PCIe card?

Depends - what CPU (and therefore embedded Intel gfx) are you using?

Cheers - Jaimie

Intel are generous, in that they're more likely to
name Xres * Yres @ RefreshRate, so you can quickly
figure it out.

Start at ark.intel.com and enter the CPU part number.

The HDMI one might be workable at 2560x1440, the DP
one if the connector is available, is more useful.
While the lower refresh rates are OK for movie playback,
you want 60Hz operation for desktop usage. (85Hz is
not necessary with LCDs. The LCD has "persistence"
sufficient for the lower rate.)

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...-4-20-ghz.html

Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4) 4096 x 2304 @ 24Hz === not a useful spec -------------+

Max Resolution (DP) 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz === good for 4K (3840 × 2160) |

[Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel) 4096 x 2304 @ 60Hz === laptop? |

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI |

HDMI |
1.3€“1.4b |

2560 x 1440 75Hz That's why they tell you it is HDMI 1.4, to correct it... |

Adapters are available, both passive and active ones, for converting
from one standard to another. I have an HDMI to VGA and a DP to VGA adapter,
as examples of (cheap) active ones. There are also some from-to combos
which make (expensive) active ones. You're almost better off buying
a video card. The low end of the video card market is no longer
cheap, for items still under support...

Once Intel dips its paddle in the water with Xe graphics
cards, perhaps the low end pricing will change.

Paul