Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Computer monitors?

In uk.d-i-y newshound wrote:
I'm definitely going for two screens because I routinely run two
(sometimes three) machines at the same time. I already have a Datacolour
calibrator. Will *probably* go 27 inch becase I'll be keeping the 22
inch LG and Amazon's stand for 2 x 27 isn't silly money. I'll probably
be mounting it on one of my three sided "raisers" that keyboards and
laptops live under.

It's worth looking at picture-in-picture capability. That provides you the
ability to display multiple inputs if you want, and have one machine take
over the display if you want. For example my 40" 4K panel can do up to 4
inputs shown at once.

In 1-way PiP the second input is scaled to a window in the top right of the
screen, overlaying the main input. I use this quite a bit for eg setting up
Raspberry Pis, where I'm not fussed by perfect image quality but just want to
see what I'm typing.

Theo