Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Computer monitors?

On 21/08/2020 08:42, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 20/08/2020 in message Andrew wrote:

If you don't, and your desk is big enough, then they have these :-

https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...3270qs-b1.html

Wow, half the price I paid for my HP 24" monitors a few years back.

Will built in Intel gfx drive those at full resolution or do you need
a PCIe card?

almost certainly you will need a better card

The nvidia fanless entry level are cheap and quiet
Look for a GT710.

https://www.geforce.co.uk/node/13144/specifications

That'll 'only' drive 2560 x 1600.

To the OP - I bought an Asus VP28UQG 28" LED - the higher resolution
(3840 x 2160) means you get more information on the screen. The downside
of this relatively cheap monitor is that text can be slightly blurred -
but overall it's fine for me on a 'spare' Windows PC.

My iMac's native resolution is 5120 x 2880. That really crams stuff on
to a 27" screen, but the default text size is approaching the limits of
my less than perfect eyesight. It's fine at the moment, but guess
another 10 years and I'll be struggling. Also, buying that standard of
screen is £1000+ . . .

--
Cheers, Rob