PrecisionMachinisT

Default buying/installing new central air conditioning

"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote in message

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote in message

Oh..and Davey....your supply of 10SEER Goodmans is about to run

out...enjoy
it while you can...since part of the idea with the 13SEER min, is not

only
to get energy standards on up there, but to make you either learn it,

or
get
out.
I stopped installing 10SEER a while back.....you?

I just picked up a new luxaire 3-1/2 ton package unit heat pump for the
shop, 10 seer for $750 off ebay--we might not even still be in that

building
a year from now.....but dangit man--I did need *something* to keep my

beer
cold !!!

You did ok...you got a York, with a grey case and a new badge..
Price aint bad, but I would be worried personally where it came from...
Seriously.
If you want, I can run the numbers for you on UPGnet and mail them to you

if
you email the serial and model numbers.

Thanks, I might take you up on that, sposed to pick it up this weekend.

Spank me while you got the chance....G

Man your _too_ cruel, I was *really* looking forward to that
spankin..........

Disposable units basically....still, I cant help but wonder how much

Davey
would have charged to procure and "install" a similar unit for

me.......

If its a NEW one, its not...its a rebadged Champion..Real nice stuff.

I gotta look at it, its a year 2000 model--seller claims it has factory
charge and the high and low pressure safetys are pre-installed...

If there aint no heat strips in it, I will see about maybe moving about
7.5kw of em over from that dead bard unit--also, I am assuming it will have
defrost controls, pretty sure they all *should* when shipped to our area, at
least.....

And so we are back to square one here, with the compressor replacement cost
on the old Bard unit understandably being higher than you can procure a new
unit, if one is to shop carefully....and hence my comment about "disposable
units"....Hopefully the Luxaire will last longer than that Bard did.....

And thanks for getting back to me on this....much appreciated--and now that
water source unit I can play around with, heat the pool / cool the house,
like I had planned all along as option "B"....

Cheers,

--

SVL