Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Computer monitors?

Currently using a 22 inch LG on the desktop and a secondary 19 inch for
laptops or when I power up one of the unix boxes.

Time I upgraded, thinking about a 27 inch main monitor and using the 22
as secondary, perhaps on one of the adjustable 2-monitor stands.

I don't do games, I do some photos and video but don't need professional
state of the art. Mainly I could do with bigger text for editing
especially with a couple of documents open.

I was surprised to see how cheap decent 27 inch screens are these days.
Not really limited by money, and I have a reasonably big desk so could
go bigger than 27 inch. By reorganising the printers and other boxes I
could have three monitors (I can easily build a custom stand).

What do people think about curved monitors? Seem like a strange idea to
me but I am very happy with various other Samsung stuff around the house.

I know it is a "piece of string" question but I'd be really interested
in the views of these groups. Currently have an old-ish Dell 490 as the
main box with a Radeon R7 200 series DVI card. This still seems to have
plenty of "oomph" for me at the moment.