Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Outlets High on the Wall

On 8/17/2020 3:32 AM, Bill wrote:
0
In a shop, I think you don't want too many devices on the same run.
I think it goes without saying that you should be running 20 amp
circuits (12 gauge wire), doesn't it? Use 15 amp for the lighting.

For sure you want your air compressor and dust collection on separate
circuits. Rare a home shop runs two large tools at once, but, it's
common to run dust collector and a large tool together, and, if your air
compressor happens to kick on you could easily trip the breaker. Of
course lights should be separate as well, preferably two different
circuits.

I have 8 large tools on one 20 amp circuit and never once had a problem.
Air compressor, Dust collection and Planer are on separate circuits.
Planer is 240 otherwise it would be 9th on my list. Naturally this would
not be cool in a multi-user commercial shop.
--
Jack