Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Outlets High on the Wall

Bill writes:
Puckdropper wrote:
Hawk wrote in :

Whatever works for you but just remember not to put too many outlets
on one circuit. Up to 8 on 15 amps and 10 on 20 amp.

Does residential have limits on numbers of outlets on a circuit? I thought
that it didn't.

At any rate, those are good numbers to keep in mind.

Puckdropper

In a shop, I think you don't want too many devices on the same run.

The important consideration is how many devices will be in use
at the same time. If it's a one-man shop, it's unlikely that
you'll have more than a shop-vac and a single power tool (and
perhaps a dust cleaner) energized at the same time.

I think it goes without saying that you should be running 20 amp
circuits (12 gauge wire), doesn't it? Use 15 amp for the lighting.

Or even AWG 10 for the 20A circuits if the run is long enough.