Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Outlets High on the Wall

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 07:50:32 -0400, J. Clarke
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 09:44:41 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

Outlets are cheap, but time is more expensive. I'm thinking about putting
a few outlets up high, about 7' on the walls of my garage shop. This is
just for the air cleaner or whatever random thing needs to be plugged in up
there. Am I just wasting time by installing outlets at that height?

Naturally, I'm going to do quite a few at 54" and 16", but it's the ones up
high I'm wondering about.

Install outlets where you need them. My garage didn't have built in
lights when I bought it, it had overhead outlets into which were
plugged corded fluorescent fixtures. Made it easy to improve the
lighting.

Extension cords are a temporary measure. Set things up so that you
won't need them for anything that is going to be in place long-term.

If you never need/use them it was a waste if time and money. If you
DO need them, it's "a stroke of Genius"
That "stroke of genius" seldom comes at such a low cost - so GO FOR
IT!!!