Lurker

Default new central air conditioning...CBHVAC et. all 2 more questions please!!!

To the best of my knowledge, this stuff has been incorporated into computer
programs by the manufacturers and subsequently supplied to the dealers.

"John Hines" wrote in message
"KJ1" wrote:

Two more things:

(1) Should I be asking for a copy of this document (J and D manual
calc) just to make sure? Not that I would know all of what it is saying,
but in general, to look it over, that they did their job with the

measuring
and all? In other words, is it reasonable for a costomer to ask for this
documentation? I am concerned that if I do, they will be like "we don't
want others to see or use it or whatever"?

I'd say yes. Along with a copy of the warranty, owners manual, etc.

(2) Is there a fee? I thought I saw one one of these posts that the
calc should not be additional in charge. Please clear that on one up

for
me.

The best idea I've heard is a modest, few hundred dollar fee paid up
front, which is applied to the eventual purchase. The calculations take
at least a few hours work, it is unrealistic to expect it for "free",
but should be small part of the larger overall package.

I'm just a homeowner, in the same boat as you, so this is just IMHO.