Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing a USB Connector

In article ,
says...

On Friday, 14 August 2020 08:16:21 UTC-4, wrote:
Buy a new cable with two new ends.

Amazon has it in stock. As does Staples.

Price from US$8 to US$15 depending on which bells combined with what whistles you need.

If the connector on the kindle itself is damaged, a replacement cable
won't help. I stock a number of different style connectors all of
which are surface mounted. A hot air station is best for replacement.

Yes, I quickly gave up on trying to replace a USB-B connector, not
having surface-mount expertise. Unless the connector itself is on a
small daughter board (which I have seen on some variety of tablet
recently) which can be purchased cheaply and easily replaced.

Mike.