m Ransley

Default buying/installing new central air conditioning...CBHVAC et. all

For Ace THE Hack, and Kj1 I live in zone 5 chgo area -20 to 100, I
superinsulated the house, under siding r 14.4 foamboard r 100
attic, basement walls, new windows and am in total shade 1250sq upper
and 625 sq ft basement with returns and supplies , My installer did
NO calc put in a 2 ton and I cant get the humidity below 60 - 65 .
Yea thats B.S. , It s clammy So I have purchased a 65 pt and a 50
pt sears dehumidifier to make up for my Oversized AC " We Don need no
Stinkin Lisence" From that Bogart movie High Sierra ? Well i can
hear it now
Yu don neen no stinken kal- q- la- shun.

Do what you want, but if you have upgraded or will upgrade insulation
or windows or doors or trees have grown big or have 10 kids your
load is unique and only a hack will say otherwise.

Years ago at a different location we had spacepack installed , several
installers wanted 2 units up to 7 ton. We went with the guy with the
most neighboorhood experiance and a 4 ton. He gve a written warranty
of a 30 degree drop. well when it reached 114 we were 73 , And he
did a load calc and is employing maybe 50 people. The other hacks I
never see around.

That spacepack was so well installed and sized I measered by
filling and timimg the fills of 5 gallon buckets that my Lennox-
Spacepack pulled 225 Gallons a day for 2 days verified out of the
house. And humidity can be from 46 - 52 % normally.. Thats what A
load calc and quality Company get you . Comfort. And no It doesnt
break after 12 yrs