Ace AC and Heating

Default buying/installing new central air conditioning...CBHVAC et. all

Are there any homes in your area that are similar to yours?

Built by the same builder?

What I'm getting at is that after 30 years of installing/repairing
hvac in an area with thousands of identical homes, it is a waste of
time and the customers money to do a manual J/D. That 30 year guy
has done hundreds of installs and knows dead on what you need.

However, if you are a fool who wants to part with your money, then go
ahead. It is your money.

And don't believe that crap about crediting the cost of the manual J
to the install. All that means is the crook that suggests it, is
overpriced and lying thru his teeth to get your business. Find an
honest installer instead.

Ace

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:42:08 -0400, "KJ1" wrote:

Hi there,

Both my contractors took measurements around the furnace, but none in any
rooms. One "mentioned" manual J, but said he had been 'doing this for 30
years, so he knew what he was doing.

Well, now please people, no shop-slang here!!!! I am new and want this done
right!!

Should I be ASKING/TELLING/DEMANDING they perform a J manual calc and see
them measuring each room, et. or should I just drop them if they don't whip
out measuring tape and start calculating? I need to know how to approach
this J manual and D or T calc. so I am not missing something very
important. From what you all are saying, this seems to be one of the most
important things in terms of proper installation.

Me being a female, alone when doing this and totally inexperienced in any
form of HVAC, I would like to know what should be expected in terms of this.

Thank you for all advice.

God bless,
KJ

Verify licence, and insurance.
"CBHVAC" same @as.it.was.com wrote in message

Google. This gets asked 200 times a month it seems.

Bottom line, make it easy for you:

The installer, not the brand, makes the difference.

Do not let anyone install the unit that does not perform a manual J, and D
or T (heat pump calc) on your home to insure it is sized correctly, as

there
ARE NO RULES OF THUMB in this trade.

Verify licence, and insurance.