Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More about Yeosemite

On Monday, August 10, 2020 at 12:32:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 23:32:28 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 08/09/2020 09:42 PM, %% wrote:

They still do, particularly with chemistry.

Not surprising. One of my chemistry classes was taught by Herr Doktor
Bernhard Wunderlich and he was more comfortable in German. His specialty
was high pressure crystalline lattices and I'm not sure I would have
understood it much better in English.

My high school science teacher was German but we went along with his
story that he was really Swiss and that scar on his cheek was a bike
accident ;-)

The Chemistry teacher was a retired US treasury chemist who worked
during prohibition. He had lots of stories about that. He did tune up
my moonshining skills tho, a skill I still have but seldom use.

My high school chemistry teacher was Polish. She was in the Resistance
during WWII.

Unsurprisingly, she didn't put up with any bull**** from the students.

Cindy Hamilton