Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default More about Yeosemite

On 2020-08-09 15:26, A noiseless patient Spider wrote:
On 8/9/2020 6:08 PM, micky wrote:
Yosumight.

Someone wrote that actually that pronounced name dates back to the early
1940's when the last of the Dixie Class Destroyer Tenders were built.
The last of the 5 ships was the USS Yosemite AD-19. The commissioning
crew used that pronunciation as a joke and it stuck. I myself was
stationed on the USS Dixie AD-14.

So after trump mispronounced it, they probably assigned 3 people to find
some basis for his mistake, and if they came across this, they'd claim
trump had known about it andÂ* was honoring the crew of the destroyer for
saying it that way .

Lots of words are not pronounced like they are spelled.Â* Only a moron
would be amused by such silliness.

A lot of words are also not pronounced the way they
are spelled. This is because we borrow from so many
other languages and why English is so hard to pick
up as a second language.

Remember this rule from Publik Skool:

"I" before "E" unless it is the word "received"
or the word you are trying to spell?

This is because IE and EI are pronounced in reverse
in German and other language we borrow from.

But, what the heck, I believe Mark Twain hit
the nail on the head:

€śAnyone who can only think of one way to spell
a word obviously lacks imagination.€ť
-- Mark Twain