Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 2020-08-08 19:51, wrote:
On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 18:52:03 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 08 Aug 2020 17:31:42 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 15:40:49 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 08 Aug 2020 13:21:34 -0400,
wrote:

On 2020-08-07 00:04,
wrote:
"58 percent of respondents who identified as police officers said they
view Black Lives Matter favorably."

Majority of Police Officers See Black Lives Matter Positively, Support
Reforms
Newsweek Magazine - July 8, 2020
--
https://www.newsweek.com/majority-po...s-poll-1520131

Depends on how you ask the question.Â* Not a lot
of folks are against better policing.Â* Very
few officers are for brutality.

Hmmmm.Â*Â* I thing all police should have body and
dash cams.Â* Does that make me a BLM supporter?

Would you support laws that lying on police reports results in police
being fired?

That is a union problem. It is very hard to fire any government union

So you seem to be saying that if the union objects, you're okay with
that. So you don't support such a law. I gather your okay with
police lying on the reports they file. How disappointing.

No you are not reading for content.

Of course I am. You're words were ambiguous. Don't blame me.

Your words, "That is a union problem", are easily read as "That's not my
problem. That's a problem for the union and they will have to handle
it."

But I accept that you meant, "The union is the problem."

The union protects that activity.
I am OK with getting rid of public service unions and making cops (or
any other government worker) responsible for their misdeeds.

Instead of getting rid of them**, how about negotiating with them on
this point, as they do on other issues. So they can be fired for lying
on police reports

**Are you against unions in general, or just police unions?

Government unions all of them. They get to negotiate from both sides
of the bargaining table. They have the power to sway local elections
then they get to demand terms from the people they got elected. That
is how our cities went broke and why it is really hard to fire people,
even when they commit crimes.

Regular unions have to compete in the global market place and good
luck to them these days.

1+

What Was FDRs Stance on Government Unions?

https://showmeinstitute.org/blog/gov...ernment-unions

Public sector unions insist on laws that serve
their interests -- at the expense of the common good

... a strike of public employees manifests nothing
less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct
the operations of Government until their demands are
satisfied. Such action, looking toward the paralysis of
Government by those who have sworn to support it, is
unthinkable and intolerable.

Teachers unions are at the top of the list