Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Remove curls from garden hose

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 21:42:06 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 11:59:17 -0500, Jim Joyce wrote:

On Fri, 7 Aug 2020 06:47:21 -0700 (PDT), AK
wrote:

I would do that, but I live in an apartment.

How about one of those weird hoses that grow in length when you turn on the
water, but shrink back down small enough to fit in a bucket when you turn
the water off?

I'm not normally a fan of those things but they could be OK for an
apartment dweller.

My wife has a big garden and we tried a couple of those. They are really nice - light
weight and easy to store. But both developed leaks in one season, with no abuse.
If you can find one at the right price, it might be worth it.

My wife bought one on impulse about 6 months ago. It lasted just a few
months before the end exploded and blew off. Then again, we have unusually
high water pressure here. The neighbor's lawn sprinkler easily shoots water
about 75-80 feet and would easily do more but he limits it. The irrigation
and sprinkler guy recommends adding a pressure regulator to each hose
spigot but we haven't done that yet. Meanwhile, in addition to blowing the
end off of the cute retracting hose, we've blown up two other garden hoses
and a third is on its last legs. I expect it to blow any day now. We're
having sprinklers put in and that should mostly stop the heavy use of
hoses.