Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On 08/08/2020 03:54 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 14:55:35 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 08/08/2020 06:25 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A single young woman I know worked with a number of Hispanics. They
could not understand why she didn't have a baby yet.

I don't have the data and am not going to research it but my impression
is Hispanics tend to form extended nuclear families. Big families, but
real families none the less.

That is true. I have a hispanic family living next to me and they are
reaching up, not reaching out for a handout (even in this Covid mess).
The kids are well supervised and seem well educated.
These are not rich people but they want to be. The American dream in
action. When I first met the guy he was detailing cars for Hertz. Now
he is the manager of the used car lot and he gets a taste of the
sales. I worry about Hertz but this guy will be OK.

Only anecdotal, but that's been my experience. The antics of the
narcotraficantes get all the press but most are just looking to get
ahead. Even the illegals come here and bust their asses in the fields
and factories chasing the dream like everyone else that came to America.

I was in LA during the Rodney King riots and some of the comments from
the guys I ran into would make David Duke sound like a flaming liberal.
I wonder how all the BLM stuff will play out with the Hispanic vote. I
doubt you can even say Brown Lives Matter without getting mobbed by the
SJWs.

As far as police discrimination I've spent enough time in southern AZ to
know how that works. I get waved through the checkpoints, brown people
get to meet the narcotics dogs, unload their cars, and generally get
hassled.